Founded in 1914, Chicago Tube & Iron (CTI) is one of the largest specialty steel service centers in the United States, with ten branches throughout the Midwest and in Monterrey, Mexico. Inventory and value added processing is facilitated in over 1.2 million square feet of efficient, state-of-the-art facilities. Additionally, CTI houses over 30,000 line items of inventory from the world’s premier manufacturers.
This multi-million dollar steel company’s President and Chief Operating Officer, Dr. Donald McNeeley, is also a professor at Northwestern University’s McCormick Graduate School of Engineering.He teaches Strategic Management, a capstone course that culminates the MEM experience. Dr. McNeeley invites students to tour one of corporate America’s most successful and prosperous enterprises and witness the transformation of classroom theory into a practical environment.
Students are in for a treat as they will hear from the firing-line engineers of CTI’s Engineered Products Group. Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Donald McNeeley, President & CEO
- Mr. Mark Sowka, V.P. Engineered Products Group
- Mr. Steve West, General Manager of CTI Fabrication Division
In addition, the event will host several networking guests such as:
- Steve Boggs, Acct Mgr. ArcelorMittal
- Edward T. Kurasz, President & CEO ThyssenKrupp Materials Copper & Brass Sales
- Jim Little, President & CEO Little Sales & Marketing Inc.
- CTI Executives and Engineering Staff
This is a fantastic opportunity to see what’s taught in the classroom transferred to real world applications and to network. Refreshments will be provided.
RSVP is required. SEATS ARE LIMITED. If you have further questions, please contact Kim Kiely 815-834-8504 or Stephen Tilley 847-491-5584.