After many months of construction, the highly anticipated North Parking Garage structure is finally complete. In addition to providing more places for students and faculty to park on the upper levels, the building will also house the offices of the MEM, MSiA, and MSIT Programs. This means the MEM space is just an elevator ride away from ample parking and a short walk across an enclosed path to the athletic facility, so students no longer have to worry about crossing Sheridan Road at night or in inclement weather.
The new building also features a large collaboration area for students, break out rooms for 4 teams, a guest faculty office, a student copy room, and two classrooms: one large (approx. 1600 sq ft) and one smaller (approx. 800 sq ft). There will also be a juice bar nearby.
The MEM Program officially moved its offices into the North Parking Garage as of September 8, 2014. The building is scheduled to officially open just in time for the beginning of the Fall semester, so stop by and check out the new facilities!