Looking to join an accelerator this summer? Consider applying to the Farley Center’s Summer Accelerator Program!
Purpose: To help nurture budding entrepreneurs and startups from the Northwestern community to pursue their ideas in a safe and accountable environment.
Eligibility: Eligible teams will have the following qualifications:
- A developed business idea that can be communicated in a three minute video segment
- All members must be current Northwestern students in good standing
- Teams must consist of undergraduate, graduate, faculty, or post-doctoral members
Prior Farley Center course completion is encouraged but not required*
Benefits: Accepted teams are provided with customized curriculums, guidance, and tools to further their learning:
- Each team will receive individual coaching and mentoring from faculty
- Entrepreneurs with vertical experience and experienced industry professionals will be assigned to mentor each team
- A $1000 per individual stipend will be distributed to team members to pursue their business idea over the summer
- Individualized instruction on any business formation aspects teams require guidance around, including legal assistance
- Working space in the Farley Center Incubator (Evanston) for the duration of the summer session
- Access to the Launchpad Central web tool for the duration of the summer session.
Format: The format for the summer program will be completely flexible – each team will help develop their own schedule and curriculum as well as the format and type of interventions needed by the faculty. Success will be measured against teams’ needs and the business development goals agreed upon at the beginning of the summer session.
Interested? Click HERE to learn more and apply!
Some key dates to remember:
- May 14 Infosession @ 4 p.m. in the Ford Design Studio
- May 28 Application due
- June 4 Decisions sent out
- June 23 Program start