The University of Chicago is hosting a trading competition for undergraduate and graduate students. The competition will take place April 12-13 in downtown Chicago at the Chicago Booth Gleacher Center. The website for the competition provides the details quoted below, but please check out the page yourself for more details and contact Program Director Darrell Zechman with any questions.
Details on the UChicago Competition:
- Teams will consist of three to four students
- Approximately two teams per school will be allowed, depending on demand
- Selective registration process (see link below)
- At least one team member must be able to code in Java (OptionsCity Software algorithmic platform is Java-based)
- Case studies will be sent in advance to provide time to create and test custom algorithms
- Cases will require technical development skills in the form of algo creation and sound decision-making skills to recognize when the algorithm is not working
On behalf of the NUMEM department: Good Luck!